Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Spring....Break?
So this week was not really as relaxing as I thought it would be. I had to work a lot more than I wanted and it ended up being more of a stressful week than anything. So here I was wanting just so much to be asleep at home with my new pup and wife and yet I was working. What God could you possibly be showing me in all this? By this Tuesday after break I was strongly convicted by what the speaker had talked about. This idea of Christian service or Christian love has been resonating with me all day. Here I am working only 3 days last week while be able to come home to a warm house and a nice dinner when people even in my own city were cold and hungry. I was complaining and God was reminding me just how gracious he has been in my life. I have things that a lot of people even in this same city don't have. I know at some point God will move me from here and for that reason I have hope. Some people may never leave this place. Never get out of the tension of the South and experience maybe something better. So now what? Well I have been wrestling with doing what Jesus did in feeding the poor and hungry. Honestly its time consuming and takes a commitment to people. Its something that has not really been on my mind or my heart. If I can be totally honest. Yet there is an opportunity even this week that I can choose to go to. Its been a funny blessing and something that I need and want to do. So thats where I am headed to this week. I pray that I am able to share his love rather than just his service. . Thats what he has called us to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment